Security runs through everything we do. Every industry has its own set of stringent regulations, policies, mandates and procedures that dictate how businesses manage and control data. Enabling control of data regardless of where it lives, setting individual permissions, and locking down sensitive data when needed is what sets DataLocker apart as a partner.
COMPLIANCE USE CASES
Companies in the most heavily regulated industries turn to DataLocker to ensure compliance with some of the strictest governmental regulations.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIP)
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP)
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance (SOX), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC)
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act
FDA – Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP); For those in manufacturing sectors regulated by the FDA, these solutions must be compliant with Title 21 CFR Part 11 and Part 820. International industry standards include: ISO 9001, ISO 13845, IEC 61215, IEC 61646.
DATA CENTER SECURITY
We understand that our information security practices are important to you and we want you to have confidence in how we secure the data you entrust to us. Below, you will find further detail on how we are protecting one of your greatest assets: your data.
Compliance SafeConsole Cloud
All SafeConsole data centers meet the following compliance standards: CSA, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27081, PCI DSS Level 1, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3. Also, please note that SafeConsole Cloud is a single-tenant solution, meaning that only your company’s service is hosted on that specific virtual server. Note also that no actual data from the storage products is saved on the cloud. Only SafeConsole, the management console, is hosted on the cloud.
SafeConsole data centers are located in the following locations:
• US East (Ohio)
• US East (N. Virginia)
• Canada (Central)
• Asia Pacific (Singapore)
• Europe (Ireland)
• Europe (London)
Compliance IronKey EMS Cloud
The IronKey EMS Cloud data centers have been certified by national and/or international security standards. No actual data from the storage products is saved on the cloud. Only IronKey EMS Cloud, the management console, is hosted on the cloud.
• The California USA facilities are SSAE16 SOC-2 Type II certified.
• The Virginia USA facilities are SSAE16 SOC-2 Type II certified.
• The Kansas City, Kansas, USA facility is SSAE16 SOC-2 Type II certified.
General Data Center Protection
• DataLocker has completed a SOC 2 Audit.
• Our data centers manage physical security 24/7 with access controls.
• We have DDOS mitigation in place at all of our data centers.
• We have a documented disaster recovery infrastructure continuity plan.
• All network traffic is encrypted.
Protection from Data Loss and Data Corruption
• All databases are kept separate and dedicated to preventing corruption and overlap. We have multiple layers of logic that segregate user accounts from each other for our multi-tenant environment.
• Account and instance data is mirrored and regularly backed up off-site.
Application Level Security
• DataLocker account passwords are hashed. Our own staff can’t even view them. If you lose your password, it can’t be retrieved—it must be reset.
• All login pages (from our website and mobile website) pass data via TLS.
• Login pages have brute force protection. We perform regular security penetration tests throughout the year.
Internal IT Security
• DataLocker offices are secured by biometrics, keycard and or key access, and they are monitored 24/7 with infrared cameras throughout.
• Our office network is heavily segmented and centrally monitored.
• We have an internal security team that constantly monitors our environment for vulnerabilities. They perform penetration testing and social engineering exercises on our environment and our employees. Our security team includes CISSP certified members.
Internal Procedures and Education
• We continuously train employees on best security practices, including how to identify social engineering, phishing scams, and hackers.
• Employees on teams that have access to customer data (such as tech support and our engineers) undergo criminal history and credit background checks prior to employment.
• All employees sign an agreement outlining their responsibility in protecting customer data.
Most DataLocker products are FIPS 140-2 validated, issued by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). FIPS validated DataLocker products are a cost-effective way to comply with directives that require data encryption.
DataLocker’s mobile security products are used by the world’s most security conscious and demanding organizations. To make sure these products exceed the security and reliability expectations of customers, DataLocker places significant importance on achieving the highest level of certifications, validation, and industry compliance. DataLocker continues to update and maintain certifications. This page includes updates and links for DataLocker certifications and industry compliance.
|DataLocker DL2||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker DL3||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker DL3 FE||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker DL4 FE||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H100||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H200||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H300||Declaration of Comformity|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H350||Declaration of Comformity|
|DataLocker Sentry K300||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry K350||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry 3||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry FIPS||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry EMS||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry ONE||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry SafeStick||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry EncryptDisc||Declaration of Conformity|
|DataLocker Sentry AlphaCam||Declaration of Conformity|
|Device||FIPS Level||FIPS 140 -2 Certificate #|
|DataLocker DL2||FIPS 140-2 level 1||#1504|
|DataLocker DL3 FE||FIPS 140-2 level 1 validated crypto chip||#1472|
|DataLocker DL4 FE||FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device||#3972|
|DataLocker Sentry K350||FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device||#4008|
|DataLocker Sentry EMS||FIPS 140-2 level 3||#2929|
|DataLocker Sentry 3 FIPS||FIPS 140-2 level 3||#2753|
|DataLocker Sentry ONE||FIPS 140-2 level 3||#2929|
|DataLocker Sentry K300||FIPS 197 Approved Algorithms||AES (Cert. #5695) and SHS (Cert. #4565)|
|DataLocker EncryptDisc||FIPS 140-2 Level 1 256-bit AES encryption||#819|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H100||Contains the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated Bluefly Security Processor*||#1269|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H200 Biometric||Contains the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated Bluefly Security Processor*||#1269|
|DataLocker(IronKey) H350||FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device||#2826|
|DataLocker SafeCrypt||FIPS 140-2 Level 1||#2768|