The Sentry 3.0 Combines DataLocker’s Certified and Proven Encryption Technology With Fast USB 3.0 Data Transfer Speeds
OVERLAND PARK, KS–(Marketwired – Dec 17, 2014) – DataLocker (datalocker.com), a leading developer of encryption solutions, announced today the availability of the Sentry 3.0 encrypted flash drive. With up to 64 GB of data storage, military-grade encryption and plug-and-play simplicity, the Sentry 3.0 is leading the way in portable, secure USB storage devices.
The next generation, smart USB encrypted flash drive combines 100 percent hardware encryption with the ability to connect to a remote management system. Data on the Sentry 3.0 is always password protected and stored with the highest levels of encryption.
“Secure USB flash drives are an essential component of a comprehensive data loss prevention strategy,” said Jay Kim, founder and COO, DataLocker. “If an unsecure USB flash drive were to be lost while containing sensitive data, it’s anybody’s guess where that data will end up. The Sentry 3.0 eliminates that problem with 100 percent encryption, making the data completely worthless and unreadable should it get into the wrong hands.”
Increased emphasis on employee mobility requires the use of convenient devices that provide a secure computing environment. The Sentry 3.0 provides top data transfer rates, allowing information to be locked, loaded, secured and on the move in seconds.
This compact and rugged drive is built for the toughest conditions. The epoxy coating protects data from environmental physical intrusions like heat, cold, water, and dirt. The Sentry 3.0 thwarts thieves who might be successful in stealing the drive but won’t be able to access data. Add to this the many features and speed to DataLocker’s on-board zero-footprint software for assurance against the often potential consequences of data loss.
New features of Sentry 3.0 include:
- Automatic hardware encryption featuring a single on-board security chip encrypting all data with AES-256 bit in CBC-mode
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 with 137.464 MB/s (Sequential Read) and 91.643 MB/s (Sequential Write) data transfer rates
- Automatic lock down if left unattended after a user-specified amount of time
- Brute-force protection with a built in password attempt counter that wipes the device after consecutive failed login attempts
- Automatic autorun anti-virus protection always overwrites the autorun.inf file from encrypted storage volume
- Compact design to fit narrow USB ports, even on the smallest notebooks
- User friendly setup with no software installation or administrative privileges required
- Manage multiple devices with DataLocker EMP (Encryption Management Platform), a cloud based remote management system (available Q2 2015)
- Total reset to factory settings for reissuing to new users
Sentry 3.0 provides security implemented in the hardware in order to combat the evolving threat landscape. Sentry 3.0 by DataLocker is available immediately, priced starting at $59.99. For more details on this product, go to datalocker.com/store.
DataLocker is an innovative provider of encryption solutions. DataLocker products secure systems, media, external storage and cloud services for governments, military and enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, DataLocker products combine superior convenience and usability with state of the art security. DataLocker is “Simply Secure.”
Madison Alexander PR