Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
Please follow the steps below to format the drive:
- Double left-click on your Internal Mac drive and choose Applications -> Utilities and double-click on Disk Utilities.
- In the left pane, choose the DataLocker drive that you want to partition and format. Usually there are two listings for each drive unless you have more than one partition on a particular drive. Choose the drive listing that is farthest to the left for the drive that you want to format. It is usually above the name of the drive.
- Click the Options button and choose Apple Partition Map. Then click on Ok.
- Change the Format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). You can also give the drive a name by typing it into the Name box. When you are done, click on Partition.
- A box will come up letting you know that formatting and partitioning the drive will erase all of the information that is on the drive. If you don’t need any of the information on the drive, then click on Partition.
- The drive is now formatting and you will see a status bar at the bottom that says Creating Partition Map. When it is done, this bar will go away and the drive should now show up on your desktop.
Note: If you cannot choose Options because it is grayed out, click on the Current dropdown menu and click on 1 partition. This will make the Options button useable again. Also, if you receive an error saying that the drive cannot be unmounted, shut down the Mac, unplug the drive and turn you Mac back on. After the Mac has fully booted and the desktop loaded connect the drive and try again from Step 1.