DataLocker, Inc., and its affiliated companies worldwide (collectively “DataLocker”, “we” or “our”) recognize and respect your right to privacy.
DataLocker is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
DataLocker, Inc. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 24, 2018.
Types of Information
We may collect and process the following personal information:
Information you provide to us:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, services and/or offers
Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access our services.
Information we may collect about you:
Each time you visit the website we may automatically collect any of the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, domain name and country which requests information, the files requested, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we may receive from other sources:
We will receive information about you if:
- you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the website. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we gather:
We, or third-party data processors acting on our behalf (as defined below in the Categories of Third Parties Section) require this personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping to allow us to register you as a contact or customer
- to create login credentials
- to manage your orders and deliveries
- to perform credit checks of new or existing customers
- to improve our products and services
- to answer your questions and support requests
- to fulfill legal obligations
- to handle bookings of events, educational sessions and subscriptions
- to conduct polls and competitions
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- to customize the website according to your interests
- for the purposes of improving and maintaining our website, preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve our services – such details will be anonymized as far as is reasonably possible and you will not be identifiable from the data collected
- to provide your information to our sales channel partners for marketing or promotional purposes. We do not provide data to non-affiliated third parties
- to test and develop our services
- to prevent abuse of our services
- to prevent, protect and investigate crimes
Disclosure of Information
We will not sell, hire, lease or rent your personal information that we collect to any third party without notifying you and/or obtaining your consent, except as expressly set forth in this section. Where you have given your consent for us to use your information in a particular way, but later change your mind, you should contact us and we will stop doing so.
DataLocker Affiliate Companies
Categories of Third Parties
- our service providers and sub-contractors, including but not limited to payment processors, suppliers of technical and support services and cloud service providers;
- companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website; and
- systems integrators and service providers who resell our services and products.
Other Third-Party Disclosures
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- if DataLocker or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers and partners will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of DataLocker, our customers or other persons. This may include exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We retain personal information for as long as you use the services we provide and then as required to comply with applicable laws.
Our Obligations to you Under the Privacy Shield:
- DataLocker has certified that it complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and approved by the European Commission regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively.
- DataLocker has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over DataLocker’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
Accountability and liability for onward transfer
DataLocker may be liable in cases of onward transfer of EU and Swiss individuals’ data to third parties received pursuant to the Privacy Shield.
Privacy complaints, recourse, enforcement and liability:
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, DataLocker commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information (without charge to you).
DataLocker has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the US. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/ or https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these mechanisms, in certain limited circumstances you may be able to invoke binding arbitration proceedings before the Privacy Shield Panel if DataLocker has failed to meet its obligations to you under the Privacy Shield and that failure has still not been remedied. Additional information about invoking binding arbitration is available here:https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
DataLocker Companies in the EU and Switzerland.
DataLocker Europe Ltd may collect, process, transfer and store personal information in accordance with Privacy Shield. The relevant DataLocker company involved will depend on the country in which you are based.
With respect to personal information transferred from the Europe Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to DataLocker, we will process personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework, as applicable (each and together, the “Privacy Shield”).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or our products and services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, to request that we:
- update any personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
- We will consider all such requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law.
- You have the right to ask us to not process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. Alternatively, you can contact us by email at email@example.com at any time.
- If you have previously given your consent to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you can choose to stop receiving marketing communications which we send to you from time to time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such communications. Alternatively, you can opt out of such communications at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can choose to opt-out from your personal information being used for any purpose that differs from the purposes notified to you when we collected your personal information; or disclosed to any third party.
Transfers of Information
The personal information may also be processed by staff operating in the United States or outside the EEA or Switzerland working for us, other members of our group or third-party data processors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your personal information you acknowledge any such transfer, storage and processing.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our use of personally identifiable information on this site, please send us your questions or comments as set forth in the section below.
Overland Park, KS 66210 or by email at: email@example.com