ELIMINATE PATIENT DATA BREACHES ON EXTERNAL DEVICES WITH DATALOCKER
Healthcare has a data breach problem. More than 41 million patient records were breached in 2019, and the average cost of a breach was well over $6 million. The challenge of securing data is compounded by the fact that healthcare personnel are working remotely more than
ever. This increase in mobility puts personally identifiable patient data or other sensitive information at serious risk. Failing to anticipate and address these risks can compromise your ability to meet the strict data security mandates that govern healthcare data access and handling, including HIPAA, the HITECH Act, CMS, security requirements for electronic health records, and a growing list of international standards.
Healthcare organizations like Kaiser Permanente and Allscripts are using DataLocker encrypted solutions for:
- Patient records and deliverables
- Radiologic images
- Insurance claim retention
- EMR backups
- General office use
Benefits of DataLocker in the Healthcare Industry
- Protect Data Anywhere, Anytime. DataLocker simplifies encryption, making it easy for users to protect, monitor and control proprietary data and reducing human error, the leading cause of data theft and breaches.
- Security for everyone. DataLocker puts encryption and security into the hands of everyone, empowering non-technical employees to protect their external assets and security teams to easily monitor and control external content.
- Securing the perimeter. DataLocker solutions protect external devices using military-grade encryption and securing your organization against even the most sinister threats.
- Returns control to the business. Control external devices remotely. Manage permissions, track, lock down, and remove access to external content all with a keystroke.
- Compliant with strict industry regulations. DataLocker is compliant with some of the strictest governmental regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, DHS Initiatives, NRC, GLB and any other directive that requires data encryption.