Cloud Engineer Job Description
As a successful Cloud Engineer at DataLocker, you’ll be ready to pivot to each new task and challenge as it comes ensuring that it’s not only completed on time but also with expert precision. Not one for waiting for things to happen, you know that familiarity with a role isn’t a sign to slow down but is actually the stepping stone to finding more efficient ways to accomplish the goals and targets in front of you. With the ever-growing field of cloud computing and DataLocker’s growing client list, this role will require a bit of customer service, an affinity for working alongside the team, and a consistent sense of curiosity for what might come next.
If you’re confident that your technical expertise and capacity for timely execution are the right combination to excel at this role, now is the time to jump in and join the growing team at DataLocker.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% Response to customer/internal support escalations within SLA requirements (where assigned)
- Participation in daily/weekly huddle(s) and IT planning meeting(s) to ensure appropriate fixes and designs are implemented in accordance with internal security and customer needs.
- Maintain and update automation design scripts, processes, and procedures in a clear and understandable manner.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for cloud and virtualization architecture and platforms
- Assist and develop Jr. Cloud Engineers to develop their skills in all aspects of the cloud platform, infrastructure security, and evolution of system development
- Assist in cloud migration and implementation strategy planning
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures
- Collaborate with the Software Development team, IT infrastructure staff, and Help Desk Staff to facilitate communication and development of Cloud-based initiatives
- Daily administration and troubleshooting of physical and virtual endpoints to include vulnerability patching, third party patching, OS and driver updates, and application deployments
- Conduct biannual cloud security penetration testing, provide project updates including action items related to continuous improvement for IT Security
- All other duties as assigned
Job Overview and Requirements
- Job Type: Cloud Engineer
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Base Pay: $70,000 – $90,000
- Training for position: Formal and Informal
- Physical Requirements: None
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Required Experience:
- Understanding of authentication and authorization using Active Directory, IAM, LDAP, 2FA/MFA, and SAML/SSO.
- Familiarity with IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc).
- Familiarity with CI/CD fundamentals (Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipeline, Github Actions, etc).
- Familiarity with AWS design, architecture, and services (EC2, S3, Global Accelerator, etc.).
- Familiarity with container software and orchestration (Kubernetes, AWS ECS).
- Familiarity with integrating and automating web services utilizing API.
- Experience hosting database operations such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, and AWS RDS.
- 1-2 years of experience related to network infrastructure, network security, and maintenance of core network hardware (virtualized and physical).
- 1-2 years of experience documenting cloud schema using Markdowns preferred.
- Benefits: Group Medical, Vision and Dental, 401K, participation in company bonus program
- Locations: Overland Park, KS, remote working
- Zip Code: 66210