Technical Support – Tier III Job Description
Do you love answering questions? And not just answering them, but offering extra details on “why” the answer is what it is? Do you find yourself energized by making sure that every answer you give is as accurate and as clear as possible? We’ve got the spot for you!
We’re looking for the right team member that not only pushes themselves for excellence on an individual level, but is keen on making sure that the information and knowledge they gather is shared so that both our customers and the rest of our team succeed. You will play a critical role in handling escalations to ensure prompt resolutions for our clients and providing vital feedback to our internal teams as we continue to make our solutions the best on the market.
With your attention to detail and focus on accuracy and our commitment to creating a structured, stable, and fun work atmosphere, this will be a win-win that is hard to pass up!
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain all SLA expectations for submitted support requests
- Prompt assistance and resolution of all escalated tickets, chats, and calls
- Score 85% or higher on all ticket audits
- General Professional Attitude, Team Collaboration, Attendance
- Serve as primary escalation point for Tier 1/Tier 2 customer submitted issues
- Responsible to test, reproduce, resolve, and document customer escalations as either internal or customer-facing Knowledge Base (KB) articles
- Take responsibility for escalated cases and see them through to resolution
- Provide a bridge between Support and other departments to quickly resolve issues
- Provide extended support hours to international clients
- Teach and train Tier 1/Tier 2 team members to expand their technical knowledge
- Clearly track and document all issue within our ticketing system
- Provide exceptional customer service skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Participate in creating KB articles, internal technical documents, known issues, and support articles
- All other duties as assigned
Job Overview and Requirements
- Job Type: Technical Support Engineer
- Reporting To: Technical Support Manager
- Work Hours: Full Time Flex (available to rotate schedule to accommodate overseas clients with remote sessions)
- Base Pay: $ per hour + participation in company bonus
- Training for position: Formal and Informal
- Physical Requirements: None
- Required Education: High School or GED (Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or Technology preferred)
- Required Experience: 5+ years of combined relative experience. Knowledge of different OS (Mac, Linux, and Windows), experience with setting up network equipment and deploying configurations, database configuration and troubleshooting (specifically corruption, reading log files, and repair steps).
- Preferred Experience: SIEM integration, Active Directory configuration and support, Certificates (CSRs and cert chains) API familiarity. Fundamental Cloud experience and understanding.
- Benefits: Group Medical, Vision and Dental, 401K, participation in team and individual bonuses
- Locations: Overland Park, KS
- Zip Code: 66210