Inside Sales Representative Job Description
The Inside Sales Representative we require believes that pairing strong relationships with people and keen attention to detail is the key to successful selling. Not one for being stuck in a rut, you find the quick pace of interacting with multiple people throughout the day invigorating and rewarding, especially when you know your teammates have your back. Where others feel daunted or put off by hearing “no” from a potential client, you see an opportunity to use both your charisma and creativity to help clients find solutions that truly benefit them. Tie all that together with a curiosity to always learn more and a natural inclination to keep your workspace, notes, and accounts tidy and up-to-date and you’ve got a triple win for your clients, your teammates, and for yourself!
If you’re ready to move beyond the rut of “selling from a script” and be part of a team that cares about people and winning, it’s time to join DataLocker and see how far you can go.
Key Performance Indicators
- 25% conversion rate from inbound to opportunity where the opportunity has at least 1 customer activity. (Follow up call or meeting)
- Average 1 new opportunity per week (sourced by rep)
- Average 50 prospect/customer touches per day with all activity logged in SFDC (1 touch could mean 1 email and 1 voicemail per contact)
- Work with Federal Team to directly impact bottom line revenue towards quota
- Maintain and expand relationships with Fed Partners (routine partner office visits when open again)
- Communication with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Assisting in the overall sales process as needed.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Create pipeline for your territory using demand generation and prospecting tools
- Find new opportunities and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Explore & identify new opportunities in new accounts and/or buying centers
- Research and present business intelligence about customers and prospects
- Process orders in Salesforce
Job Overview and Requirements
- Job Type: Sales
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Training for position: Formal and Informal
- Physical Requirements: None
- Required Education: 2+ years of experience in selling or generating demand for IT solutions, 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred
- Required Experience: Federal sales experience, knowledgeable in Salesforce, confidence in handling objections and conflicts, ability to analyze business data to tell a compelling and actionable story, logic-based problem solving.
- Bonus Experience: Vidyard, YesWare (or other prospecting automation tools)
- Benefits: Group Medical, Vision and Dental, 401K, participation in team and individual bonuses
- Locations: remote out of D.C., VA (Arlington, Alexandria, Tysons, Reston, McLean, Springfield), Bethesda, MD.